Building & Code Enforcement Manager
» Read More about James
James Caro, Building & Code Enforcement Manager, was hired with the City of Rialto, Development Services Department in January 2015. Prior to joining our team, Mr. Caro spent 13 years with the City of Fontana within the Community Development Department, Building & Safety Division. He also carries over 30 years of experience in construction, 17 of which were spent as a general contractor. In 2011, Mr. Caro received his Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from the University of LaVerne, and will receive his Master of Public Administration degree in August 2016 from California Baptist University.
» Read Less
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that all new and remodeled construction follows California Building Codes and City ordinances, meeting all structural, fire, health, life and safety requirements. The Division ensures this through the process of plans review and inspection services.
The Building Division is located at 150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Building Division is closed daily from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The payment processing counter closes daily at 5:00 p.m.
Building Inspection Line:
To request an inspection, please call (909) 421-4978. Please include the property address, permit number, type of inspection, date for inspection, and a contact name and number. Inspections requested on Thursday or during office closure will be scheduled for the following work week. Inspection route slips are typically ready by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled inspection day.
Building Division Resources
- Applications and Plan Information
- Building Permit Search
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State of California Building Standards Commission Website (Building Code)
- City of Rialto Fee Schedule
- California Contractors State License Board
- Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements Application
- How to Make an Earthquake Kit
- Pool Fence Barrier Requirements
- Air Conditioning Unit Requirements
- Residential Patio Cover Requirements
- Water Heater Installation Requirements
- Tenant Improvement Information
- Requirements for Room Additions
- Plan Check Instructions
- 6″ and 8″ Block Wall Handout
- Procedure for AB-2188 Solar Energy Permits – Willdan
- City of Rialto – Solar Procedures