This section is intended to inform all customers of the Guidelines related to their Water and/or Sewer bill.
- To set up new service you could either call or go into the office:
Office Location: Rialto Water Services
437 N. Riverside
Rialto, CA 92376
Customer Service: (909) 820-2546
- A deposit is required to establish new service. The amount of deposit is based on the size of your water meter and the average monthly bill for the previous year. Please call for deposit amounts.
Per current resolutions the following payment rules apply:
- Residential water and Sewer deposits are required to establish service. Deposits are credited back to the account after 2-years of on-time payments and never having appeared on the turn-off list. Residential water service deposit amounts are equal to two (2) x the average monthy consumption for the past twelve (12) consecutive months for the property. Residential sewer deposits are $103.
- Water and sewer bills are due and payable upon receipt; delinquent twenty-five (25) days after billing date.
- If an account is delinquent for non-payment, a delinquent fee of 10% of current charges per month + 1.5& of past due charges of past due charges on the total amount due will be added to the bill.
- If a bill includes a prior unpaid balance, the customer will have ten (10) days from the next regular billing date to pay the prior balance. Turn off procedures will begin if payment is not received by the end of the ten (10) days and a turn-off list processing charge of $58.33 will be added to your bill.
- If service is disconnected and restoration is requested after working hours, weekends or holidays, the restoration charge shall be $93.45, payable by noon of the next working day. No water shall be turned on after 8:00 P.M. or before 7:00 A.M.
- Ten (10) days after service has been discontinued, if the account remains unpaid, the customer’s deposit will be applied to the unpaid balance and the account will be closed. Service will not be resumed until a deposit is reconstituted and all outstanding charges have been paid.
- Payments received one (1) day prior to date of bill do not appear on bill due to necessary processing time.
Please be aware, per City of Rialto Resolution #5074 and #4746, ready to serve charges are billed monthly, whether or not the property is occupied. If the property becomes vacant, ready to serve charges become the responsibility of the owner.
Water Base Charges apply based on meter size. The base charge for commercial and industrial varies depending on meter size. Please call for base charge information for commercial and industrial properties.
Monthly consumption charges for single-family residential, which can also be seen in the Comprehensive Fee Schedule, are as follows:
|Consumption||Units||Base Consumption||Per 100 Cubic Feet*|
|First||5 Units Per Billing||.428||$.554|
|Next||25 Units Per Billing||.674||0.873|
|Next||30 Units Per Billing||1.069||1.386|
|All Over||60 Units Per Billing||1.315||1.704|
*100 Cubic Feet = 1 Unit of Water
To see a sample utility bill, follow the link below.
Please mail Payments to: City of Rialto
Attn. Utility Billing
P.O. Box 800
Rialto, CA 92377
If you have any further questions concerning the Water and/or Sewer portion of your bill, please call (909)820-2546 between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. For after hour water emergencies, please call (909) 820-2546.