Business License Process
- Federal Tax ID Number (if applicable)
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer ID No. (ITIN) if you do not have a FEIN
- Driver's License No. or other ID No.
- Seller's Permit Number (required for all sales both retail and wholesale)
- Professional State License Number (if applicable) for example: Contractors, Doctors, Lawyers, Cosmetologist's and Massage Technicians
- ABC License, Health Permit WDID Permit, Storm Water Permit, and/or Hazardous Material Facility ID (if applicable)
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance Policy number and expiration date (if applicable)
- A detailed and complete description of your business activity. Insufficient detail will delay the process and approval. Determine which business tax category best fits your business activity
- Estimated gross receipts for the next 12 months
- 501(c)(3) or similar IRS exemption certification letter for Non-Profit Charitable Organizations
- Final payment. Fees are listed on the fee schedule @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- All applications are processed in the order that they are received.
- If your application is submitted online, you'll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that we have received your application. You may receive an additional email asking for further detailed information or documentation such as articles of incorporation or a statement of information.
- For more information on additional requirements and necessary business identifications at the county/state/federal agencies please see our Business License FAQ’s.
- All In City and Home Based Business Licenses require approval by the Planning and Engineering Departments. Certain types of businesses may need additional approvals.
- After the application has been approved you will receive an email notifying you of the approval along with instructions on how to submit payment. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Note: Some businesses CANNOT complete the entire licensing process online. These include any business requiring additional permits such as: Solicitor, Sidewalk Vendor, or Massage Establishments. You will be contacted on the additional steps required for these licenses once your application is received.
If you need assistance or need more information, contact the Business License Division at (909) 820-2517 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org