Where do I get my State Employer Identification Number?

The Employment Development Department (EDD) issues state employer identification numbers, (SEIN) and administers California’s payroll taxes, including unemployment insurance, employment training tax, state disability insurance, and California personal income tax withholding. Contact the EDD at:

  • Employment Development Department
    464 W 4th Street
    Room 454 A
    San Bernardino, CA 92401
  • Phone: 888-745-3886

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my business is allowed where I want to locate it?
2. Am I required to have a business license?
3. What type of business entity should I have?
4. What’s a fictitious name statement?
5. Where can I obtain a seller’s permit (Retail Sales Tax Number)?
6. Where do I obtain a State Tax Identification Number?
7. Where can I obtain a Federal Tax Identification Number?
8. Where do I get my State Employer Identification Number?
9. What type of permits or licenses do I need to start my business?
10. I’m going to be serving food products. Do I need special approvals?
11. If I sell any alcoholic beverages, will I need any special approvals?